Dr. Drake Kayser, D.C.
Midwest Muscle & Joint Clinic is headed by Dr. Drake Kayser. Dr. Kayser is a 3rd generation Chiropractor who has been treated with chiropractic since the day he was born! Kansas has always been home to him, growing up in Topeka where he graduated from Washburn Rural High School. He went on to pursue a bachelor's degree in Kinesiology, the study of human movement, from Kansas State University. Always knowing he wanted to become a Chiropractor, Dr. Kayser continued his education at Cleveland University - Kansas City where he earned his Doctorate in Chiropractic. He is now excited to call Lawrence home!
Dr. Kayser takes a functional approach to treatment, utilizing "movement as medicine." His goals are to not only get patients out of pain, but to find the root cause of their pain and faulty movement patterns. With a heavy emphasis on educating patients about the importance of proper movement, Dr. Kayser offers many tools to get patients out of pain and ultimately prevent future injuries.
Credentials & Certifications
- D.C. - Doctor of Chiropractic, Cleveland University – KC
- License - Kansas State Board of Healing Arts
- B.S. - Kinesiology, Kansas State University
- NBCE – National Board of Chiropractic Examiners: Part I-IV
- NBCE - National Board of Chiropractic Examiners: Physiotherapy
- ART – Active Release Technique – Full Body Certified
- SFMA – Selective Functional Movement Assessment
- FMS - Functional Movement Screen
- MDT – Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy (McKenzie Methods) - Part A
- DNS – Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization - Exercise I
- FMT – Fascial Movement Taping (RockTape)
- FAKTR – Functional and Kinetic Treatment with Rehabilitation
- TPDN - Trigger Point Dry Needling and Acupuncture
- Member of the Kansas Chiropractic Association (KCA)
- Member of the American Chiropractic Association (ACA)
- Member of the Lawrence Chamber of Commerce
- Member of Douglas County Connections (DCC)